Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Red date, Goji, Black Sweet Rice Sweet Soup (紅棗杞子紫米露)




Experiment: Red date, Goji, Black Sweet Rice Sweet Soup

Introduction: I found this recipe online... and I wanna give it a try as I have all the ingredients at home.  The red dates, goji and black sweet rice are good for your boday, especially for female.  It's a pretty good soup for after menstruration.

Materials:
1/2 cup black sweet rice
2 tbs goji
12 red dates
5 cups water
1 cup milk/coconut milk
rock sugar

Procedure:
1) Wash all the ingredients.
2) Boil the water.  When water boils, put the black sweet rice and red dates in. Let it boil, then reduce to medium-low heat.  Let it boil for 30 minutes, or until the black sweet rice is soft. 
3) Put the goji in and let it boil for another 15 minutes.
4) Put the milk or coconut milk and rock sugar in.  When the rock sugar is dissolved, it's ready.

Results:


Discussion:
1)  I didn't put lots of rock sugar in, as I wanna save it for breakfast too.  Yes!  It can be eaten as dessert or breakfast!  Of course, you'll need more sugar for dessert and less sugar for breakfast. 
2)  Today I put milk in instead of coconut mlik.  I think I'll try coconut milk later. 

Conclusion:
It's a very quick dessert or breakfast, and it's pretty good for your body! Give it a try! :)

3 comments:

  1. I bet it would be so much better as a dessert with coconut milk *droooooolssss*. Do you think it would alter the taste much with honey dates? And, where do you get black rice? Is it in grocery stores, or herbal stores? Oh, and black rice is SOOOOO good with coconut milk and a bit of salt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe I think coconut milk would taste good! I know how much you like Coconut dessert. :)
    I bought the black rice in a store that sells Chinese vegetarian stuff. I think T&T should have it too. I'll let you know as I'm going tonight! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH yeah.. I don't know about Honey dates... maybe I'll try it next time... I still have some black rice at home...

    ReplyDelete