Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Kimchi (Part 2)



Experiment:
Kimchi

Introduction:
My Kimchi is done! Please refer to here for the ingredients and recipe.

Result:

Discussions:

1) It’s finally done! This kimchi has been fermented for 2 weeks. I don’t kow if you can see in the picture, but there’s a bubble between the kimchi and the saran wrap. I read in other blogs that the bubble is a result of the “fermentation.” Anyways… once I open the wrap, wow…. it smelt SOOOOO GOOD! And of course, I tasted it immediately, and it tasted…

2) like Kimchi! hehe! It actually tasted pretty good! The only thing is… it’s a little spicier than the kimchi that I usually have. I think next time I’ll put less chili powder in next time.

3) I used this batch of kimchi to make Chicken and Kimchi Rice bowl. I used this recipe. I substituted chicken with pork, and I used less kimchi (coz Mr. Clam can’t take spicy food that well). It was yummy!



4) I’ll try another batch after I finish this one! Hehe! I’m just so excited!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment